Wiring Diagram for a Single Tube Light Circuiton 24/2/2012 & Updated on Monday 16th of July 2018 at 06:52:15 PM
Rate the page.
Required Wiring ComponentsTube light is not connected in the supply main directly. Although it operates at 230 V, 50 Hz, some auxiliary electrical components are used to insert in this installation to support the tube light operational principle. The total electrical components for single tube light installation are
- Choke: it is electromagnetic ballast or electronic ballast.
- Starter: Small neon glow up lamp
Wiring Diagram of Single Tube Light Installation with Electromagnetic Ballast
How to Install a Single Tube Light with Electromagnetic Ballast
- From the junction box the neutral wire is not taken out to the switch board, rather it is taken out from the junction box and carried out to the port 2 of the tube light, as per figure above. A wire already connects port 2 and pin 1 of the terminal 2. So the neutral wire is continued from port 2 to pin 1 of terminal 2.
- The live wire or phase is taken from the junction box to the switch board. The live wire is connected to the one terminal of the switch. From another terminal of the switch the wire is carried out up to tube light set up and connected to port 1.
- One terminal of choke or ballast is connected to port 1 and another terminal is connected to pin 1 of terminal 1.
- One end of a starter is connected to pin 2 of terminal 1 and another end of the starter is connected to the pin 2 of terminal 2.
Wiring Diagram of Single Tube Light Installation with Electronic Ballast
How to Install a Single TubeLight with Electromagnetic Ballast
- As no starter is used in case of electronic ballast application, wiring diagram is little bit changed.
- Electronic ballast has six ports, two ports out of six ports are for input and rest four ports are for output ports. Suppose they are named port 1 and port 2 for input; port 3, port 4, port 5 and port 6 are for output of the ballast.
- From the junction box the neutral wire is taken out and carried to port 2 of the electronic ballast to connect, as per figure above.
- The live wire or phase is taken from the junction box to the switch board. The live wire is connected to one terminal of the switch. From another terminal of the switch, the wire is carried up to tube light set up and connected to port 1 of the electronic ballast.
- Let, the color of wires from port 3 and port 4 are black, and from port 5 and port 6 are red or any other color.
- Port 3 and pin 2 of terminal 1 and Port 4 and pin 1 of terminal 1 are connected.
- Port 6 and pin 2 of terminal 2 and Port 5 and pin 1 of terminal 2 are connected.
Rating = 5 & Total votes = 2