Safety Rules for Medium Voltage Installationon 24/2/2012 & Updated on Monday 12th of February 2018 at 05:54:38 PM
Rate the page.
- All the wires required for control, relay, indication metering should be carried through by PVC pipes or conduit pipes or under floor covered cable trenches.
- All metering, controlling and other electrical accessories should be properly earthed.
- The condition of insulation of all wires used in medium voltage installation, including insulated wires used for earthing purpose should be checked at least once in a year.
- All heavy duty motors installed in medium voltage level should be connected to supply through a starter associated with over load and under voltage release relays.
- The motors should also be properly oiled and cleaned regularly.
- The fuses used in the different electrical circuits of medium voltage installation, should be HRC fuses. Wire fuses should be avoided the purpose for better safely.
- We should use proper guarding to any moving part of the machineries to avoid any unwanted accident to the operating personals.
- We should not come to the close of moving parts of machinery with loosely fitted dress.
- All electrical equipments should be installed on concrete platform of proper height.
- We should keep clean the medium voltage installation zone to avoid any unwanted obstruction during walking on the floor.
Rating = 0 & Total votes = 0