Natural Gas Power GeneratorsPublished on 24/2/2012 & updated on 24/8/2018
How Does a Natural Gas Generator Work?Indicated by the name, these generators operate by a natural gas such as Propane or Methane to generate electricity. This generator has an internal combustion unit that mixes air and fuel, whereas the piston compresses the mix. There’s then going to be a spark plug to ignite fuel which makes the crankshaft spins the generator’s rotor. Through the electromagnetic field, this rotation causes electricity for household and other industrial uses.Gas turbines and boiler power plants are common examples to generate electrical power using natural gas.
Why to Use Natural Gas Power Generators?There is a never-ending list of benefits, this alternate power source offers to its users and environment.
- Cost Effective Who doesn’t like to avail a pocket-friendly power source? Natural gas power generators, unlike the traditional power sources, are very economical. Since natural gas is cheaper as compared to diesel or other power sources, these generators cost less regarding operation and maintenance as well.
- Dependable Natural gas never lets you down for its availability. For domestic uses, we all have always been relying on it. Diesel or oil generators may stop working due to the non-availability of fuel. But one can easily count on this alternate power source as it never is already in abundance.
- Safe for Environment The best feature of natural gas is its eco-friendly nature. This power source is the cleanest fossil fuel available as compared to diesel, coal or other fuels. This generator also minimizes the risk of hazardous gases like carbon dioxide, sulfur or nitrogen. They are safer for the environment as they reduce pollution.
- Safe for Us Not only for the environment, but they are also safe for us as well. It is non-toxic and does not cause any harm to humans. There are also no chances of fuel spill up, unlike diesel or oil. Hence they are safe for use at homes.
- No Fuel Storage Requirements Since natural gas is supplied through pipelines to households, there are no storage challenges associated with this power source.
Conclusion Out of many available options for power generation, natural gas generators are the safe, cheap and clean alternative. The benefits of relying on this power source are far beyond the ones mentioned in this article. It is a smart investment for your pocket and environment both.
Please Rate this Article